When you order a Sonlight Core package, chances are you will get more materials than you can complete in a year. Most families don't try to "do it all"! However, if you're like me, occasionally you will read a book or hit upon a subject that your children are particularly interested in, and you want to learn more about it. That's what this page is for!
Several years ago, when my children were quite young, I began to compile a list of links that enhanced or supplemented the Sonlight Core materials we were using. I posted it on my website, and many Sonlighters have told me that they have found it to be very helpful. Each year I have added to that list.
Update: For a much more in-depth list of supplemental resources scheduled to go with your Core Instructor's Guide week-by-week I highly recommend Sonlight's Core Tips CDs. This is a product I developed for Sonlight and update each year. (Regrettably, I no longer have time to keep these pages as up-to-date as I would like, though you are welcome to continue to use them as long as you find them helpful.) The Core Tips are currently available for Cores A-E.
- Core P3/4: Fiction, Fairy Tales, and Fun
- Core P4/5: Explore God's World
- Core A: Introduction the World: Cultures
- Core B: Introduction to World History, Part 1
- Core C: Introduction to World History, Part 2
- Core D: Introduction to American History, Part 1
- Core E: Introduction to American History, Part 2
- Core F: Eastern Hemisphere Cultures
- Core G: World History, Part 1
- Core H: World History, Part 2
- Core 100: American History In-Depth
- Core 200: History of God's Kingdom
- Core 300: 20th Century World History
- Core 400: Civics/American Government
- Core 530: Survey of British Literature